Old long story of failing USB flash drives - continued

Using TestDisk to repair the filesystem
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
lcfiorini

Old long story of failing USB flash drives - continued

#1 Post by lcfiorini »

Hello everybody,

A few years ago I posted an annoying problem that made me lose many different flash units as pendrives or SD memory cards which were used in all my household equipment. I've been digging so deep about it that I posted myself a webpage from a manufacturer of these units that seemed to be the solution. The question is that, for my disappointment, it wasn't, as I'm here back again now with the very same old problem, which seem to have started so long ago with a virus/worm/trojan infecting the CPU as well as all my flash units. The problem is better described in the original post available in the link below:

viewtopic.php?p=32629

By the time I had posted the picture which seemed to have solved my problem at the time I hoped this was finally over, but today I discovered otherwise, though. I insist on this because I simply refuse myself to give up losing so many flash units because they cost me so much money. I would only send them for replacement by the manufacturer as a last resource, with no guarantee they would really substitute them all for me in the end.

Two last notes - Units appear in Windows explorer greyed out as if they are disabled, and in duplicate with 2 different letters assigned to them, e.g. E: and F:, and when scanned with many different recovery programs, including TestDisk, no unit or volume is even found/shown, as shown in the attached picture.
Another attached picture shows all the CPU's USB systems as displayed by a program called USBDeview by Nirsoft (https://www.nirsoft.net), which also demonstrate the greyed out "ghost" USB unit as interpreted by the CPU.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you.

Flash.JPG
Flash.JPG (29.62 KiB) Viewed 601 times
Attachments
Flash.JPG
Flash.JPG (160.85 KiB) Viewed 594 times