CD illisible avec images Topic is solved

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
AlainC

CD illisible avec images

#1 Post by AlainC »

Bonjour à tous
Une connaissance m'a apporté un CD avec des images.
Ce CD inséré dans le lecteur n'est reconnu par le système que lorsque j'ai lancé photorec_win.exe.
Dans la fenêtre Gestion des disques il apparait alors avec les informations suivantes :
348 Mo RAW. Il apparait également dans ordinateur sans qu'il soit possible de l'ouvrir.
J'ai lancé plusieurs fois "photorec" et la ligne "no partition" est par défaut cochée.
J'ai effectué plusieurs recherches avec cette ligne cochée puis avec d'autres options de partition... et jusqu'à présent rien... :(
Si vous pouviez me donner quelques indications pour m'aider dans mes recherches ce serait avec joie ! :D
D'avance merci.

Lito

Re: CD illisible avec images

#2 Post by Lito »

I'm sorry but my french is inexistent. I do however manage to get the main point.
It might be that your CD did not close the session when burning.
If that is the case, your best bet is to use IsoBuster: http://www.isobuster.com
You could download the software for a trial, and then extract your data to another disk.

Best of luck

AlainC

#3 Post by AlainC »

Lito wrote:I'm sorry but my french is inexistent. I do however manage to get the main point.
It might be that your CD did not close the session when burning.
If that is the case, your best bet is to use IsoBuster: http://www.isobuster.com
You could download the software for a trial, and then extract your data to another disk.

Best of luck
Hello !
My english is very very bad!
Je vous remercie beaucoup pour votre réponse.
J'ai déjà essayé isoBuster mais comme le disque n'est pas reconnu il ne trouve rien.
Par contre j'ai eu des résultats avec CDRoller mais c'est très très long...
Allez, je me lance !
In any case, thank you very much for your help and attention and I wish you a good day.

Lito

#4 Post by Lito »

Do not worry about your english. Mine is also a bit flaky. My first language is spanish. I know a few words of french but not enough to write complete phrases let alone to speak it!
Thank you very much for mentioning CD Roller. I did not know about it. It loks like a good piece of software.
It will go in my wish list.
One thing puzzles me. If the the disk is not recognized, how come CD Roller found it?
IsoBuster has worked everytime I had a problem CD or DVD in the past (version 1 and 2).
The trick is to have the CD or DVD already placed in the tray before you launch the software.
That is when its own search engine will come into play.

AlainC

#5 Post by AlainC »

Lito wrote:Do not worry about your english. Mine is also a bit flaky. My first language is spanish. I know a few words of french but not enough to write complete phrases let alone to speak it!
Thank you very much for mentioning CD Roller. I did not know about it. It loks like a good piece of software.
It will go in my wish list.
One thing puzzles me. If the the disk is not recognized, how come CD Roller found it?
IsoBuster has worked everytime I had a problem CD or DVD in the past (version 1 and 2).
The trick is to have the CD or DVD already placed in the tray before you launch the software.
That is when its own search engine will come into play.
Bonjour
Effectivement, avec le CD placé dans le lecteur, IsoBuster arrive à reconnaitre le CD puis demande à effectuer un scan complet.
Mais lorsqu'il effectue cette tâche il me semble qu'il utilise beaucoup de ressources et la fenêtre du programme semble disparaître.
CD Roller bien qu'en anglais me semble plus simple et plus souple d'utilisation.
Je vous remercie pour votre aide et vous souhaite une bonne journée.
Un saludo y muchas gracias