How do you change file destination drive? Topic is solved

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
johnny412

How do you change file destination drive?

#1 Post by johnny412 »

I am recovering a 2 tb external hdd and my pc only has a 350 gb hdd. I just bought another 2 tb external hdd to transfer the recovered files to but i dont see how to change the destination from my 350 gb pc to the 2 tb external hdd to transfer the files to it? It works great doing it a few files at a time to my almost full pc hdd but that drive is the only option i see or am i missing something?

andy16h

Re: How do you change file destination drive?

#2 Post by andy16h »

I had the same problem. You have to use the arrow keys. Left or right arrow keys will get you to a screen where you will see a list of all your drives and then you can use the up and down arrow keys to select your drive.

aharp52

#3 Post by aharp52 »

In what version of testdisk can you see another drive? I am using 6.13 and I can only see the directories on the disk I wish to copy from (sda) not the disk I want to copy the undeleted files to (sdb).

sifuchar

#4 Post by sifuchar »

Left or right arrow keys will get you to a screen where you will see a list of all your drives and then you can use the up and down arrow keys to select your drive.
I did not find this to be true in Windows 20003 SBS with TestDisk 6.14-WIP or PhotoRec 6.14-WIP. I did, however, discover a work-around. The default destination drive is the drive that the TestDisk or PhotoRec program resides on. I moved the TestDisk folder to the drive I wanted to use as the destination drive, then ran it from there. Worked perfectly!

Hope this helps!