Help! Arrow keys don't work Topic is solved

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
popbelly

Help! Arrow keys don't work

#1 Post by popbelly »

The arrow keys in photorec do not work for me. Nothing happens when I press them. The program responds to regular character keys such as 'q' and '2'.

I've tried with photorec 6.13 and 6.14. I run with sudo. My computer is an Intel Mac OSX 10.6.8. I'm using OSX's built-in terminal app. I've tried with a USB Mac keyboard, a PS2->USB Windows keyboard and through Screen Sharing (VNC) from my MacBook Pro. I've tried with "set -o emacs" and "set -o vi".
Here is the output of the "od -c" command when I type: up_arrow return down_arrow return right_arrow return down_arrow return ctrl-d

Code: Select all

$ od -c
^[[A
^[[B
^[[C
^[[D
0000000  033   [   A  \n 033   [   B  \n 033   [   C  \n 033   [   D  \n
Which I'm pretty sure is the standard default. I have no problem with the arrow keys when I'm in vi.

UPDATE: I've also tried: a different terminal emulator (iTerm), different shells (bash, zsh, csh), from other user accounts, and remote ssh-ing into my affected Mac from my MacBook Pro. My MacBook Pro does not suffer from the arrow key problem when I use photorec locally yet it does when I use it remotely. Please help!

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: Help! Arrow keys don't work

#2 Post by cgrenier »

Try 4 for left, 6 for right, 8 for up and 2 for down.
Good luck