dead Iomega® Home Media Network Hard Drive?

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Howitzer

dead Iomega® Home Media Network Hard Drive?

#1 Post by Howitzer »

I have a dead Iomega® Home Media Network Hard Drive (older non-cloud version) http://go.iomega.com/en-us/products/net ... rtner=4760

I have been using my 1TB Home Media Network Hard Drive for over three years now with very little troubles. I have a Samsung SMART TV that we have been flawlessly using connected to a switch which then connects to our Gateway, then to the HMNHD. Our desktop PC has been accessing the drive no problem for years.

I updated to the latest firmware (2.104) and then I learned about the Bit Torrent Download Manager. I added a .torrent file to the Active Folder and it was downloading just fine, then it seemed to have bricked up... help!!! I have done a reset with a paperclip and reset to factory defaults... still no access... ??

I extracted the drive and put it in a USB external hard drive case and I have been trying to recover the XFS Linux partition with TestDisk with no luck... any advice would be great. I can post the results of the log file and screen shots if needed, Thanks!

Howitzer

Re: dead Iomega® Home Media Network Hard Drive?

#2 Post by Howitzer »

I decided to give "Raise Data Recovery for XFS" a go... cost me about $27 but I think it's worth it. The software appears to be recovering the data just fine, though it is really slow (I've been recovering data for two days now!!)... Comments anyone?

Fiona

Re: dead Iomega® Home Media Network Hard Drive?

#3 Post by Fiona »

Most media network disks using xfs file system.
If you already tried datarecovery software to no avail, then it might be advisable to put it back into your case/enclosure and have another btry to recover your data.

Fiona