How to Recover Files from Formatted and Overwritten Drive?

Using TestDisk to undelete files
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
riyad202

How to Recover Files from Formatted and Overwritten Drive?

#1 Post by riyad202 »

My hard disk drive was formatted, but data was not saved. It was hijacked by the fraud people under an unequal fraudulent exchange offer. During hand over my hard disk to them, I formatted all of my videos because of privacy. But when I see they did not give me copy of my documents because of low disk space of their given laptop, then I return back their laptop and get back my hard disk.

If my hard disk was only formatted, it was possible for recover the documents by "Recover My Files" software. But now it is not possible, because they used my formatted hard disk and they have gathered 7 GB games and other documents in my E Drive, where all of my videos were stored. That means, my videos has been overwritten by their files and programs. How I can recover my videos from this drive, which has been overwritten after format?

DVSDVIT

Re: How to Recover Files from Formatted and Overwritten Driv

#2 Post by DVSDVIT »

i've managed to recover files from my own hard drives which had been deleted, the partition deleted and recreated several times for new operating systems, or when upgrading as backup storage several times and several formats and installations with full formats. i could see every file and its directory, and could access every partition id created, depending on what i was trying to recover. there is only one way i know how to erase a disk so that it is completely blank and that is to "Zero The Drive". most hard drive manufactuers have a utility tool freely available for download from their website for this, eg maxtor, seagate, western digitial...
hope this was helpful