Help please :( RAW partition & new one unallocated...

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf

Petexice

Help please :( RAW partition & new one unallocated...

#2 Post by Petexice »

Hi guys, i'm down, i really need your help cause i lost many photos, videos, and more personal things with a high sentimental value and irreplaceable.... :(

I have a new laptop with win7 an raid of 2 ssd hd and a western digital of 750gb. I took the hd of the old laptop for add it to the new and make a backup of the important things...
This hd is a WD Scorpio Black 2.5" 320GB 7200RPM SATA (WD3200BEKT)

It has 3 partitions, the third has the important data....
Yesterday accidentally i turned off the laptop and when i turned on again, it began with chkdsk errors and "Replacing invalid security ID with default security ID" long time in the third partition, so i reboot it before the end because i was afraid of losing all the data...
When it began again with this error i skiped it and continue to win7 and then i saw the partitions, the third of this hd, was unrecognizable in RAW mode, but the original was divided in two... the bigger (RAW) says that is full at 100% (it was at 85% more or less before) and an unallocated new one of only 10 Mb :S

I'm very lost with this, i'll tried to use the testdisk program but i don't know what can i do with this partition and the new of 10Mb, it has a very important personal files for me. In the last step of the program after i press the P key... it said me that "Can't open filesystem. Filesystem seems damaged"... so i could not build it :(

Please help me to recover this information, I will be eternally grateful if I get them :roll:

I upload some pics for your information....
Attachments
Unit I + the 10Mb unallocated were united and were one before that i skiped the invalid security ID error when i booted....
Unit I + the 10Mb unallocated were united and were one before that i skiped the invalid security ID error when i booted....
RAW-1.jpg (115.51 KiB) Viewed 3640 times
TEST1.jpg
TEST1.jpg (53.72 KiB) Viewed 3640 times
After this..."Can't open filesystem. Filesystem seems damaged"...
After this..."Can't open filesystem. Filesystem seems damaged"...
TEST2.jpg (69.99 KiB) Viewed 3640 times

Petexice

Re: Help please :( RAW partition & new one unallocated...

#3 Post by Petexice »

Nobody can help me? :(

cgrenier
Site Admin

#4 Post by cgrenier »

Run TestDisk, Advanced, select the last NTFS partition, choose Boot, RebuildBS, List. If you can see your files, choose Write, confirm, Quit and restart your computer. If it doesn't work, please post the new testdisk.log content.

Petexice

#5 Post by Petexice »

cgrenier wrote:Run TestDisk, Advanced, select the last NTFS partition, choose Boot, RebuildBS, List. If you can see your files, choose Write, confirm, Quit and restart your computer. If it doesn't work, please post the new testdisk.log content.

Hi, thanks for answer me, but this partition is only to store data, it hasn't boot sector... the other 2 partitions has XP and WIN7 but are ok...
Should I do what you say anyway?

Petexice

#6 Post by Petexice »

Help please :(

cgrenier
Site Admin

#7 Post by cgrenier »

The first sector of an NTFS filesystem is called boot sector, even if the device isn't bootable.
So please follow what I wrote
Run TestDisk, Advanced, select the last NTFS partition, choose Boot, RebuildBS, List. If you can see your files, choose Write, confirm, Quit and restart your computer. If it doesn't work, please post the new testdisk.log content.