UNABLE TO RECOVER FULL FILE SIZE OF SOME SKETCHUP FILES.

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
studeoarchitects

UNABLE TO RECOVER FULL FILE SIZE OF SOME SKETCHUP FILES.

#1 Post by studeoarchitects »

Thanks for helping me extract my data, I could retrieve most of the data but for a few which are not opening. I hope you could help me by giving a solution to retrieve the same.
The problem is mostly for SketchUp files which are large in size. The extracted data shows the files, the preview is good, but the file is a truncated file of 10mb or 20mb max but whereas my files size range more than 150 MB to 350 MB. Please help me recover that data also its very important and now with this global lockdown, I am stuck. Please help me.

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: UNABLE TO RECOVER FULL FILE SIZE OF SOME SKETCHUP FILES.

#2 Post by cgrenier »

I have uploaded a new 7.2-WIP with a 500 MB limited instead of the old 10 MB limit for sketch files
Can you try it ?

studeoarchitects

Re: UNABLE TO RECOVER FULL FILE SIZE OF SOME SKETCHUP FILES.

#3 Post by studeoarchitects »

oho that great news for me. And thanks a ton for a prompt reply.

Also as you are aware of the global lockdown I might be able to try this new update only on 3rd May when it's lifted, because my WD hard disk (MYBOOK LIVE) is in my office and I cannot reach it till May 3rd, 2020. But I will sure update you once I use the update software.

And also This is the second time in my past say 15 years or so of using computers, when testdisk had saved my files.
It's a great tool and I congratulate you from my bottom of my heart for saving our lives in times data corrupt problems.

Thanks once again.