Unable to change partition from "Deleted" to "Bootable" (option not available)

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Faithlessaint

Unable to change partition from "Deleted" to "Bootable" (option not available)

#1 Post by Faithlessaint »

Greetings,

After simply shutting down my tablet PC (Cube Mix Plus) after a day like any other, I'm unable to boot the OS (Windows 10 Home 64-bit). The Windows Boot Manager option suddenly disappeared from the Boot priority option in the bios.

Using TestDisk, it seems that the partitions were deleted for some unknow reason. The problem is that the only two options for partition characteristic is either Primary or Deleted, so I'm unable to change the partitions from Deleted to Bootable. I tried both quick search (Picture 1) and deeper search (Picture 2), but the problem remains.

I tried to find an answer to this issue by looking at the guide and the documentation, as well as in the forums, but I couldn't find a solution.

Am I missing something here? Can someone please shed some light on the matter? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Attachments
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (62.83 KiB) Viewed 884 times
Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png (142.04 KiB) Viewed 884 times

recuperation

Re: Unable to change partition from "Deleted" to "Bootable" (option not available)

#2 Post by recuperation »

Faithlessaint wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 19:11 Using TestDisk, it seems that the partitions were deleted for some unknow reason. The problem is that the only two options for partition characteristic is either Primary or Deleted, so I'm unable to change the partitions from Deleted to Bootable. I tried both quick search (Picture 1) and deeper search (Picture 2), but the problem remains.
The boot process using a mainboard in UEFI mode works differently on GPT partitioned drives.
To reenable a partition you would need to set it to "primary".
As I don't run such a configuration I have no further details available.