1 TB harddrive suddenly 0 KB???

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
brichards55

1 TB harddrive suddenly 0 KB???

#1 Post by brichards55 »

Okay, I am going to be straight forward.
You are going to have to explain all this to me like I'm 5. And I don't mean like in a condescending way, like you're really gonna have to break it down and simplify it. I made some recordings for a video I was working on but I ran out of space, so I was deleting old videos and accidentally deleted the videos I had just recorded, and then permadeleted them from the recycle bin and didn't notice until I went to edit.

First I was recommended Disk Drill and the videos I could see them but they want like 90 dollars and I ain't got two pennies to rub together! So then I saw a reddit post recommending testdisk. So I downloaded it and followed the instructions in the PDF provided on the website for file recovery. Whatever I did, it ate 500 GB of data and I have no idea how to fix it and it could recover my file. Please help me fix this bc now my computer is yelling at me how it has NO SPACE. And I can't do anything until I fix it.

brichards55

Re: 1 TB harddrive suddenly 0 KB???

#2 Post by brichards55 »

Hey your program bricked my computer

recuperation

Re: 1 TB harddrive suddenly 0 KB???

#3 Post by recuperation »

Look into your Testdisk folder. There is a file called "testdisk.log". How big is it?