Removed Kubuntu without uninstalling it right, now have unallocated partition to merge with DATA (D:)

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
LucasCampbell

Removed Kubuntu without uninstalling it right, now have unallocated partition to merge with DATA (D:)

#1 Post by LucasCampbell »

I had installed Kubuntu, and I do not remember how I removed it but it was not the correct way as I have corrupted Linux files when analysing my drive with TestDisk.
I am not very informed on these things, so I'm not 100% sure how to use TestDisk.
I made a 195 GB partition for Kubuntu when going through installation, and since I removed Kubuntu, that partition has been unallocated and I cannot make a new simple volume with it, as it claims there is not enough space on the partition to make it.
I would like to make it a NTFS, healthy partition that I can then merge with my other partition on the drive to give myself a lot more space.
I do not quite understand what the partition characteristics mean, especially deleted. If you could inform me in your reply, that would be great!

This might be the unallocated partition in question that is unrecoverable but I cannot tell.

This is after analysis. I cannot list the files of the linux filesys. data partition as it is corrupted.

recuperation

Re: Removed Kubuntu without uninstalling it right, now have unallocated partition to merge with DATA (D:)

#2 Post by recuperation »

This forum is about data recovery using the Testdisk package and the general use of Testdisk. For questions regarding partitioning and formatting please have a look somewhere else. Thank you!

LucasCampbell

Re: Removed Kubuntu without uninstalling it right, now have unallocated partition to merge with DATA (D:)

#3 Post by LucasCampbell »

I'm not quite sure where to go then, I'd like to recover the partition that I had Kubuntu in.