Need files back-XQD Memory Card

Using TestDisk to undelete files
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
nguest71

Need files back-XQD Memory Card

#1 Post by nguest71 »

Hello! I deleted files from an Sony XQD Memory Card and ran Sony's recovery software (before I discovered you guys) :) and the software pulled over 3K worth of files.
Of those files I can see 13 of them. The others I can see the their size and clearly there is something there because I can see the size of the file and it is definitely the normal size for my images; however when I pull them into Lightroom I am unable to open them and view. The card isn't damaged. Should I use your process to go deeper into the process to extract those files? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

recuperation

Re: Need files back-XQD Memory Card

#2 Post by recuperation »

nguest71 wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 15:19 Hello! I deleted files from an Sony XQD Memory Card and ran Sony's recovery software (before I discovered you guys) :) and the software pulled over 3K worth of files.
Of those files I can see 13 of them. The others I can see the their size and clearly there is something there because I can see the size of the file and it is definitely the normal size for my images; however when I pull them into Lightroom I am unable to open them and view. The card isn't damaged. Should I use your process to go deeper into the process to extract those files? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
What is it that makes you refrain from using software from cgsecurity.com?
If that was my card I would have tried out everything.

By the way, I don't know what "your process" is and knowing (and telling!) the name of the file system used would be a definitive advantage.

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: Need files back-XQD Memory Card

#3 Post by cgrenier »

If you have used PhotoRec to recover lost videos but the recovered files don't play despite having what seems to be the correct size, try what is explained on
https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk_doc ... video.html