Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 08 May 2012, 16:27
I did something very crucial to my home directory by following command.
While in the terminal my current directory was /hom/something_else/sub_dir
I was to delete all the files in sub_dir but I ran the above command after hitting the "cd" which is my bad habit.
And it causes the deletion of every single file from my HOME DIRECTORY which is very crucial for me.
I badly need to recover those files. Can PhotoRec be helpful in my case?
I have linuxmint 14 64bit and windows 7 32bit installed in the same machine.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest