Using TestDisk to repair the filesystem
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 02 Aug 2013, 16:57
I'm trying to recover the Master Boot Record of a Hitachi SATA drive 320GB following your Step by Step Guide for TestDisk, however, I've come up with a screen, shown above (I hope!) not in the guide and would be grateful if anyone could help me sort it out.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 4451
- Joined: 18 Feb 2012, 15:08
- Location: Le Perreux Sur Marne, France
The MBR looks ok. Run TestDisk, Advanced, select the second partition, Boot, RebuildBS, List. If you can see your files, choose Write, confirm, Quit and reboot.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests