Using TestDisk to repair the filesystem
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 02 Aug 2013, 16:57
I'm trying to recover the Master Boot Record of a Hitachi SATA drive 320GB following your Step by Step Guide for TestDisk, however, I've come up with a screen, shown above (I hope!) not in the guide and would be grateful if anyone could help me sort it out.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 5327
- Joined: 18 Feb 2012, 15:08
- Location: Le Perreux Sur Marne, France
The MBR looks ok. Run TestDisk, Advanced, select the second partition, Boot, RebuildBS, List. If you can see your files, choose Write, confirm, Quit and reboot.