i recently returned home to find my wd live network drive was empty, the 5 volumes remained and were accessible on the network however every volume was completely empty. I ran disk diagnostics and everything came back saying the drive was fine hardware wise.
I removed the drive from the enclosure and hooked it up to my windows 8 tower and ran testdisk, which found the linux formatted drive and analyzed it showing what im assuming are the volumes within the drive.
The next step seams to be the analyze cylinder which by my calculations is going to take 67+ hours, is this normal, and am i on the right track?
Using TestDisk to undelete files
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
1 post • Page 1 of 1