How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 04 Dec 2013, 17:16
Good afternoon CGSecurity forum team!
I lost a NTFS 640GB HD data last week and I'm trying my best to recover it. I've found TestDisk software and I'm trying to recover my from it.
After a deep analysis, I've found 2 partitions of my HD which is a bless. I can list files from one of them but when asking TestDisk to list files from the other one the program suddenly returns to the command line exactly like this:
Code: Select all
root@partedmagic: ~# , 627 GB / 584 GiB
So the program leaves and I have to start all over again, I did deeper search (aprox 10 hours) 6 times and the result is the same. Could you help me?
Thanks in advance!