Trying to Recover Corrupted Files from Samsung Galaxy SII

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
EssDub13

Trying to Recover Corrupted Files from Samsung Galaxy SII

#1 Post by EssDub13 » 12 Jun 2014, 01:47

As I was transferring .mp4 video files from my Samsung Galaxy SII to my PC, the connection cord was knocked out of the phone interrupting the file transfer - this also seemed to corrupt the files. The files are still on my phone and my PC, however they will not play in full only a short snippet. I have run PhotoRec on the disk where the files are located (on the actual phone, not on the card). When I did this I had all recovered files saved to a new location on my PC. However, none of the files I need seemed to have been recovered. Can someone help? Have I possibly done something incorrect? I followed the instructions on the wiki exactly. Is there a way to target those files directly with PhotoRec? These videos are important any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Sponsored links

Erikkl

Re: Trying to Recover Corrupted Files from Samsung Galaxy SI

#2 Post by Erikkl » 02 Jul 2014, 04:27

As I know in order to recover files from Samusng, we need SD Card recovery software which can deeply scan the partition able, leader record, FAT and file/directory records, etc. and extract them into a normal directory.
Last edited by Erikkl on 07 Aug 2014, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

remy

#3 Post by remy » 07 Jul 2014, 10:35

Erikkl wrote:As I know in order to recover files from Samusng, we need SD Card recovery software which can deeply scan the partition able, leader record, FAT and file/directory records, etc. and extract them into a normal directory.
Note : Message was approved because non commercial, but I think it's not a good answer to EssDub13 question.
J'ai pour habitude d'aller au bout de l'aide que j'apporte. Si vous pensez que je vous ai abandonné, et que je ne l'ai pas fait explicitement, c'est que votre message est enfoui avec d'autres. Relancez-moi (modérément) par mail.

Myutouuhh

#4 Post by Myutouuhh » 06 Jan 2015, 03:19

Using Samsung Data Recoverysoftware to regain samsung galaxy lost files,such as contacts,photos,videos,text messages,media files ,app etc.