invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
sercerfe

invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character

#1 Post by sercerfe » 08 Jul 2014, 11:08

Hi.

i try to recover my data because i can't repair de partition table i don't know what, but with testdisk i can view all my lost partitions and all my lost data.

when i try to recover my data, some files shows: "invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character" in the log file.

What can i do?

Sponsored links

sercerfe

Re: invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character

#2 Post by sercerfe » 11 Jul 2014, 20:48

Here some of the failures that testdisk shows:

Cannot represent filename in current locale.
Can't create file /mnt/sdc5/DATOS/DOCUMENTOS/MANUALES/SICK/Fotocélulas/W_34_e.pdf: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character
ERROR: Couldn't set the file's date and time for /mnt/sdc5/DATOS/DOCUMENTOS/MANUALES/SICK/Fotocélulas

But there are a lot of failures "Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character"

when i search partitions i found my two partitions and i can navigate and see all the files, but when i try to recover it, then appear these failures.

Is possible recover the files or this software cant?

remy

Re: invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character

#3 Post by remy » 14 Jul 2014, 16:59

wouldn't be easier to repair your partition table with testdisk and then to mount file-system to access data ?
Why weren't you able to repair your partition table ?
J'ai pour habitude d'aller au bout de l'aide que j'apporte. Si vous pensez que je vous ai abandonné, et que je ne l'ai pas fait explicitement, c'est que votre message est enfoui avec d'autres. Relancez-moi (modérément) par mail.