Novice seeking help with MicroSD

Using TestDisk to repair the filesystem
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
glks

Novice seeking help with MicroSD

#1 Post by glks »

Hi there,
This is my 2nd attempt to post this, so my apologies if it's already posted - I don't see it in my post.

I have a MicroSD card which has become damaged as a result of my phone shutting off - the battery ran out of power.

I have followed the instructions on the wiki as far as I can, but now I'm stuck!
I'm not sure what to do from here.

Can you please advise - screenshots attached.
screenshots
screenshots
screenshot1.png (45.03 KiB) Viewed 1966 times
screenshot2.png
screenshot2.png (48.36 KiB) Viewed 1966 times
I'm just starting to realise what I would lose if I can't retrieve this data from my SD card - which was full - photos, documents - oh!no! - videos from holidays.

I'd really appreciate your help - thanks for taking the time to read this & thank you to the developer for the providing the software. I'll definitely donate if I it helps me get my stuff back!

Thanks again!

Graham

Deity666

Re: Novice seeking help with MicroSD

#2 Post by Deity666 »

I'm sorry, this is new to me and I'm dealing with large drives, but my mom does have a small memory card for her mp3 player.

It looks like the only difference between the two photos is that the second one lists the same info twice - just once in the first picture. The only differences are the choice to write in the first.

Can you access the contents of the card via computer? I know it can be a bear, but when it comes to pictures and irreplaceble things, I have a hard time giving up.

IF...the problem is you can't access the info and no one else comes and helps (Although, I've only signed up for a couple of days and don't want to slander anyone, I would try hitting WRITE in the first screen and see what happens. If I'm wrong, I would love to learn why, so I shall fallow this topic.

Do you have a card reader? Are things corrupt or what is the problem?