my virtualbox crashed and I'm trying to recover some files from the corrupt .vdi file using this guide: http://askubuntu.com/questions/425518/r ... achine-vdi
I get quite far, Testdisk finds the corrupted partition but when I press 'P' to list the contents it says it was compiled without LVM support. I'm on Centos 6.5 btw, in a virtual machine. I installed testdisk from the RHEL EPEL repository. I also tried with downloading the static version from the site itself (7 beta and 6.14 release).
I have now downloaded the source and want to compile it myself to include the LVM support, but ./configure --help doesn't list any option to include LVM support? Only reiserfs, ntfs, jpg, etc.
How do I get a testdisk version that includes LVM support? I'm so close to recovering my files...
How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
1 post • Page 1 of 1