I have a HD removed from a laptop that has a motherboard problem.
When I connect it to another computer via SATA to USB, Windows is prompting to Format the drive.
I tried a chkdsk but the file type is RAW.
TestDisk sees the Disk, and sees the partition (SS1.png attached)
If I select the Disk /dev/sdb 500GB WDC it detects that it's Intel, which is correct (Windows 7), so I select that and then I choose Analyse and I get what I've save in screenshot 2 (SS2.png). Running Quick search yields SS3.png.
It should be noted that at first it was only coming up with F: then I wrote a partition through TestDisk and now it comes up with a G:...
I don't know what to do to fix the MBR / file system or whatever might be wrong with the disk and need to stop making random changes before things get worse! Please Help! Thanks!!
How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
1 post • Page 1 of 1