Using TestDisk to undelete files
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 21 Nov 2014, 03:00
I'm trying to recover a bunch of archives on an SD card. I've scanned it and while I was able to recover a lot of other files it didn't find a single APK that was on the disk. I ran an apk against fidentify and it sees them as .zip files.
No matter what I put in photorec.sig, fidentify always sees my apk as a zip. What I've got from my hexdump is AndroidManifest.xml at offset 1e. Currently what I've got is:
And the photorec.sig is in the same folder I'm running fidentify out of.
I guess what I"m trying to figure is...are apk's already able to be id'd and I'm just not able to recover any? Or am I doing something wrong with photorec.sig? Any help would be appreciated.
Just in case, this the hexdump for the first bit of the file:
Code: Select all
50 4B 03 04 14 00 08 08 08 00 B1 89 15 39 88 D0 4A 04 81 28 00 00 E8 EF 00 00 13 00 04 00 41 6E 64 72 6F 69 64 4D 61 6E 69 66 65 73 74 2E 78 6D 6C FE CA 00 00 BD 5D 07 7C D5 D5 F5 FF BD 01 84
- Site Admin
- Posts: 4425
- Joined: 18 Feb 2012, 15:08
- Location: Le Perreux Sur Marne, France
PhotoRec should already recover your .apk file as a .jar
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests