Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 10:39
This is just a minor point, but it may help another Linux user to get started with PhotoRec.
I use Linux Mint or Ubuntu and I installed Testdisk using:
In the guide “PhotoRec Step by Step” at:
it states that under Unix/Linux/BSD, you need to be root to run PhotoRec:
Code: Select all
This did not work and it took me a little while to realise that I should have simply used:
in order to run PhotoRec.
Thanks for two great programs.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests