I have been trying to create my own signature to identify files that i am looking for on my damaged SD card using the instructions found here: http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/Add_your ... o_PhotoRec
I have a bit of a problem though. The files I am looking for are JPG images that are encrypted. As a result, the common header on the file that indicates that it is a JPG file is not "readable". Also the encrypted JPGs do not seem to have any particular signature that I can use to identify them.
What I do notice is that the file names are available. Am I able to create a signature that just uses photorec to extract all *.jpg files?
I tried creating a signature with just jpg in it but fidentify is unable to identify it. If i create something like this I am able to identify the file (but it is too specific)
jpg 0 0x7747965ffa204b81fae064c72a02334b
Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
1 post • Page 1 of 1