I have situation similar to one included in another post.
I am trying to recover photos from a microSD Sandisk card. It was working fine in my Samsung S5 phone.
Then I removed it to use it with a camera. Then put it in my Mac to download the photos and video, but was not readable. I thought it was compatibility issue, different partitions maybe. However, back in the phone it was not recognized either and indicated that I need to format it
I found PhotoRec on line and followed the steps choosing raw device.
The program has been running for almost 2 days. I included a screen shot of what I have now.
Is this because I chose raw? Any indication that it is working from what I have displayed?
The hours are counting down and sectors counting up.....but it I am reading this correctly then it will finish in a couple of months.
Any advice or instructions on how to proceed?
Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
1 post • Page 1 of 1