Using TestDisk to repair the filesystem
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 18 Sep 2015, 20:59
We have a raid iSCSI device that crashed when the network driver failed. Its a Dell PowerEdge 420 with a 716iS set up with device mapper multipath. Its running Centos (linux). When I tried xfs_repair all I could get out of it was:
Code: Select all
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
bad primary superblock - bad magic number !!!
attempting to find secondary superblock...
Can TestDisk help me recover this? How would I proceed?