When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
I have been trying to use photo rec to recover my .nwdb files that got deleted. I hexedit the file and copied the header info and entered it into a signature file and placed it in my users folder. I use fidentify_win and use a test file and it says "test.nwdb: nwdb" which means it should be correct. I have placed a few files on another hard drive and used photorec to scan for them and it finds 0 files??? What am I doing wrong? The signature i am using goes
nwdb 0 0xBF165BC500000000..... Is that correct??