Can't revocer the partition

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
rockskull

Can't revocer the partition

#1 Postby rockskull » 25 May 2012, 02:03

I ran the testdisk application trying to recover a partition I accidentally deleted.

The story:

I bought a SSD drive so I took my old drive (OS partitons + Files partitions) and wanted keep only the files partition in the hole disk. So I deleted (via Computer Manager in Windows) all the OS partitions (Linux, windows, swap and windows system). That gave me 100GB of Unlocatted space and my 350GB+ Files partition. I choose the extend option, and that gave me two partitions with these sizes. They became a dark yellow color. I clicked on the 100GB partition I choose delete (I wanted a full partition of 450+ GB). That deleted the two of them.

So I found testDisk. Read about it, read some tutorials. Ran it. Chose Analyse option. I choose quick search after a while I see all partitions. In the end it gives me Can't recovey [Files] partition.

This is the log File: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25370888/testdisk.log

Can someone help me with this? Is there a way of recovering it ?

The really important things, of course, I have a backup. But some photos, some videos, etc. I don't have. I would like to recover it.

Sponsored links

remy

Re: Can't revocer the partition

#2 Postby remy » 28 May 2012, 08:24

You didn't find your data partition, but only the extended partition that includes your data partition and a swap partition. WHat you tried to list was probably your swap partition.

Run deepersearch.
J'ai pour habitude d'aller au bout de l'aide que j'apporte. Si vous pensez que je vous ai abandonné, et que je ne l'ai pas fait explicitement, c'est que votre message est enfoui avec d'autres. Relancez-moi (modérément) par mail.

Return to “Partition Recovery”