I've confirmed that TestDisk won't show or bring back the last formatted partition by the new Disk Utility (Mac OS X el Capitan 10.11 ^),
I have tested both version 7.0 and 7.1 of TestDisk. it seems that TestDisk hasn't been improved yet or updated to support the latest information of DiskUtility, it's a good feedback for you to know this.
The problem is when you do more than a partition for new process, TestDisk isn't able to find the last formatted partition whatever Quick search or deeper search fully, especially when you make number of partitions. but TestDisk is okay in old Disk Utility even in quick search! (so below yosemite<) and not the new one in el capitan's Diskutility.
Please confirm this. just a test of any type of a drive will show you.
here's an example, formatted a disk to GPT with two partitions the first ExFAT and second partion HFS+, and TestDisk won't work! here's a screenshot below of Diskutility.
I hope you fix this in new TestDisk version
How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- An example of using Diskutility
- examplediskutiltyelcaputan.png (195.28 KiB) Viewed 793 times