PR7.0 keeps stucks always at the same region, no matter what

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Post Reply
Message
Author
helt
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Feb 2016, 00:12

PR7.0 keeps stucks always at the same region, no matter what

#1 Post by helt » 08 Feb 2016, 00:22

I tried almost every possibility of options. Paranoid yes/no, bruteforce yes/no. But the result is always the same:

photorec makes good progress until sector 529.something, then it appears to keep looping over and over again over the same sectors. As you can see, the current sector sometimes even decreases.

However, this is just 25% of the whole volume-set. And i am really passionate to somehow get the other 75% recovered, too. I am trying to recover the data for more than one month now, but never got past the 25%.

Any ideas anyone?

Code: Select all

Pass 1 - Reading sector 5329646616/19515727872, 602579 files found
Elapsed time 167h57m54s - Estimated time to completion 447h04m39
Pass 1 - Reading sector 5330459312/19515727872, 602603 files found
Elapsed time 167h58m37s - Estimated time to completion 447h00m55

Pass 1 - Reading sector 5329765944/19515727872, 632569 files found
Elapsed time 182h36m27s - Estimated time to completion 486h02m12
Pass 1 - Reading sector 5330300208/19515727872, 632571 files found
Elapsed time 182h36m31s - Estimated time to completion 485h58m22
Pass 1 - Reading sector 5330835376/19515727872, 632573 files found
Elapsed time 182h36m35s - Estimated time to completion 485h54m31


Sponsored links

User avatar
cgrenier
Site Admin
Posts: 3501
Joined: 18 Feb 2012, 15:08
Location: Le Perreux Sur Marne, France
Contact:

Re: PR7.0 keeps stucks always at the same region, no matter

#2 Post by cgrenier » 08 Feb 2016, 07:22

Please try PhotoRec 7.1-WIP. Copy the photorec.ses file from 7.0, start PhotoRec 7.1-WIP and choose to continue the previous session.

helt
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Feb 2016, 00:12

Re: PR7.0 keeps stucks always at the same region, no matter

#3 Post by helt » 08 Feb 2016, 11:49

is there a static binary avaliable? I am running PR on a NAS and have not really a clue about compiling Linux source code.

Code: Select all

Linux DiskStation 3.10.35 #5644 SMP Fri Jan 22 13:38:47 CST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_cedarview_412+

helt
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Feb 2016, 00:12

Re: PR7.0 keeps stucks always at the same region, no matter

#4 Post by helt » 08 Feb 2016, 15:54

ok. the static from the 7.1-WIP does start. If it starts, the rest will work as expected, too, right?

helt
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Feb 2016, 00:12

Re: PR7.0 keeps stucks always at the same region, no matter

#5 Post by helt » 08 Feb 2016, 16:37

ok. seems to work now.

Code: Select all

Pass 1 - Reading sector 5529628568/19515727872, 521217 files found
Elapsed time 0h39m12s - Estimated time to completion 1h39m08
jpg: 520640 recovered
Out of curiosity: Do you know whats the cause for this? Is it some border case problem, or is this "normal" for big volumes?

best, and many thanks,
Helt

User avatar
cgrenier
Site Admin
Posts: 3501
Joined: 18 Feb 2012, 15:08
Location: Le Perreux Sur Marne, France
Contact:

Re: PR7.0 keeps stucks always at the same region, no matter

#6 Post by cgrenier » 10 Feb 2016, 07:41

The problem has probably been fixed by this commit https://git.cgsecurity.org/cgit/testdis ... a4a0e4fdfd

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests