How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I have a WD Passbook which reads as raw data and prompts for formatting. I ran Testdisk against it using the very nicely detailed step by step on the website. The first thing that struck me as odd is how long it took, roughly eighteen hours before other issues arose. The other issues were the 564Gb log file that Testdisk created, freezing my laptop. I've never seen a log file that large on anything, what did I do wrong? Machine is latest update of Win 1064bit running 16Gb of ram and a quad core I7, Passbook is a one terrabyte drive.