Recovering .dbx files

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Trashking

Recovering .dbx files

#1 Postby Trashking » 17 Jun 2012, 00:45

Hi there

Im having an issue with photorec (Just testing) . I am using hirens 15.1 to boot into Parted Magic and running photorec on a NTFS drive that was running XP. I am selecing only the Outlook (.pst .wab .dbx) extension from the file options list and scanning the whole disk. It is recuperating some dbx and wab files, but not the correct ones. The first image below shows what was recuperated, and second the shows what im actually trying to recover. My question is, why doesnt photorec find and recover those dbx files?

Apologies if this is a stupid question :P

Thanks

Sponsored links

Trashking

Re: Recovering .dbx files

#2 Postby Trashking » 17 Jun 2012, 17:24

The only thing I can think of is that somehow that the long and hidden path is causing photorec to miss these?

F:\Documents and Settings\owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{DFF16927-88E6-4EAA-A097-460B7E65289B}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

annice

#3 Postby annice » 24 Aug 2012, 06:32

.dbx is a data file used to store emails, contacts, notes in Outlook express. But this files easily damaged or corrupted when exceed 2GB size limit or due to virus attack or application malfunctioning. But there is nothing to worry as by using Outlook express recovery software, you can easily recover damaged or corrupted .dbx files. It incorporated advance algorithm to recover inbox, Outbox, calendars, contacts, drafts etc. Get more details at: http://www.outlookexpressrecovery.org

cgrenier
Site Admin

#4 Postby cgrenier » 31 Aug 2012, 11:19

PhotoRec doesn't restore the original filenames. You have to open each file to know if they are the files you are looking for.

LovelyMegan

#5 Postby LovelyMegan » 05 May 2014, 11:12

Try another solution for recovering data from corrupted DBX files instead of recovering by PhotoRec. PhotoRec should be used for hard disk drive recovery. I never heard that it can recover data from corrupted DBX files or not.

Anyway, you can try a 3rd-party recovery tool for corrupted DBX files. I recommend SysInfoTools' products when it comes about data recovery from corrupted files. You can try SysInfoTools DBX File Recovery tool. It will handle corrupted DBX files and recover emails and other data from them.

You may try its free demo version first before buying its licensed version.

Regards. :)

donbaralias

#6 Postby donbaralias » 25 Jun 2014, 10:08

If you want to recovery Outlook Express from corrupted files then you need to extract messages with help of OE-Mail Recovery. Later you need re-create Outlook Express folders and drag-and-drop a saved files in Windows Explorer. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/outlook-express-recovery.html

hazelbrook

#7 Postby hazelbrook » 03 Jul 2014, 13:15

To recover the corrupted DBX files you can apply a surefire utility which is simple to apply & well-known with name Outlook Express Restore. I also tried this program to patch up same issue but very soon I become successful to renew data (mails with images) without missing a bit from database. Check the demonstration which is practicable on all Windows.

http://oe-dbxrecovery.blogspot.com

Try this foolproof solution tool, it will handle all corrupts from DBX files.

AugustineRay

#8 Postby AugustineRay » 16 Jun 2015, 10:53

Hi
There is a great post that goes into details how corruption takes place, and how you will be able recover your corrupt data. Read Arthur Kornberg's DBX Recovery Guide. http://arthurkornberg.blogspot.in/2015/06/oe-dbx-emails-recovery.html

Return to “File recovery”