How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 06 Oct 2017, 08:36
First, thanks from your great work and excellent program.
I bought an USB 4TB HDD, I format it with two partitions, 1st a 2.2 NTFS primary and 2nd Secondary + EXT4 1.7 Partition.
Seem the USB_2_SATA do a trick and use the 512 bytes sector as 4k or something like that, if I unplug the HDD from the enclosure and connet direct to the sata port the S.O (ubuntu) don´t work because this mismatch.
I want to use the HDD direct to motherboard a put the enclosure to the garbage directly
I ran testDisk and it sais to me:
Code: Select all
Warning: number of bytes per sector mismatches 4096 (NTFS) != 512 (HD)
and there is the full log after 7 hours:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/cac8a ... 3c8dcbbe5e
What is the best method to gain access to all my data?
- Site Admin
- Posts: 4285
- Joined: 18 Feb 2012, 15:08
- Location: Le Perreux Sur Marne, France
After Quick Search, use 'p' to list the files from each partition.
If it works, choose Write, confirm, Quit and restart your computer.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests