Using TestDisk to undelete files
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I'm trying to recover files from a slightly damaged hard drive out of an external drive. The first time I can testdisk I ran it with the bare drive connected to an old Dell booted into Ubuntu. It found some files and then kept repeating the same sectors over and over with the time constantly going up. I tried it again and it did the same. I moved the drive to my main Win 10 desktop and ran the windows x64 version, and it did exactly the same. Thinking of finding an old copy, but I'm not too sure of the outcome. Anyone have suggestions? Same disk, two computers and OS's?