How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 15 May 2015, 05:17
The older version works...testdisk 7.0-3+b3
But not the newer versions. They fail on program startup...
Code: Select all
segmentation fault testdisk-7.1/photorec_static
segmentation fault testdisk-7.2-WIP/photorec_static
# uname -a
Linux lenovo 4.19.0-1-grml-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.8-1+grml.1 (2018-12-11) x86_64 GNU/Linux
- Site Admin
- Posts: 5226
- Joined: 18 Feb 2012, 15:08
- Location: Le Perreux Sur Marne, France
A kernel dependency must be unmeet. If you need latest version, try to compile testdisk.
there is a chapter about compilation.