Using TestDisk to repair the filesystem
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 17 Aug 2012, 17:41
I have a raid 5 array on a dell perc 5e card. The size is about 4T. The superblock appears to be damaged. Here's output from fsck
The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 1220279319 blocks
The physical size of the device is 536870911 blocks
Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!
I ran testdisk and it suggest me to run
e2fsck -b 98304 -B 4096
I tried that without success. I tried other superblock locations and failed as well.
I can still see the files on the partition using Advanced -> List. I have copied the great majority of the files but would really like to fix this drive. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 4510
- Joined: 18 Feb 2012, 15:08
- Location: Le Perreux Sur Marne, France
The reported size for the device is about 2.6 TB instead of 4TB. I don't know how you can fix this problem but copying first your files on another support looks a very good idea.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest