My 3 TB which I back up my DVDs and Family Photos on, as in Full DVD backup crashed and it shows as raw. This happened after our power went out and the computer had an improper shutdown. I had one large partition and that is it.
OS: Windows 8
Hard drives in my PC:
1. 1 TB WD C: drive with the operating system
2. 3 TB WD that has my movies backup on it
3. 3 TB WD hard drive has about 2 GB of Data on it. (works fine, recently purchased)
here is what I did:
1. I ran Testdisk quick search. The program automatically recognized the GPT Partition type in the selection menu.
2. The quick search finished
3. Quick search found four partitions with strange names (Strange letters)
4. I am currently running the deeper search
I saw an option about disk geometry but I am scared to do anything and ruin any chance of repairing this hard drive.
I read about disk but I have a poor background of Linux.
I used a software named Active Partition but it found nothing when I ran their partition recovery.
Any Help is greatly appreciated.
How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests