How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 18 Jun 2013, 18:28
I have a machine with 3 drives in perfect working order:
- 2x 160GB's in RAID-0: The RAIDed drives are where I store my VM's, development data etc.
- 1x 500GB: The 500GB drive is for the OS & applications.
I inadvertently installed Server 2008 R2 onto the RAIDed drives instead of the 500GB.
What's the best process for trying to recover the data on the RAIDed drives:
- Just try to recover the data in its current state?
- Recover & restore the partitions then recover the data?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests