First of all- thank for the great tool!
I had some strange problem which make my external ntfs HDD corrupted.
- I tried to fix the HDD using TestDisk(by writing the tables again), but I can't succeed and it failed right after the boot.
- I success to recover my files using TestDisk into another external HDD.
- I tried to format the HDD by the ubuntu but it failed too.
- I tried to format the HDD using TestDisk, but I can't succeed and I saw a black-screen-of-death for a half-hour.. than I just reboot my PC.
- Than I finally format the HDD using GParted.
Code: Select all
HDIO_GET_IDENTITY failed for '/dev/sdc': Invalid argument end_request: critical target error, dev sdc, sector 1953951908 Buffer I/O on device sdc, logical block 244189951 end_request: critical target error, dev sdc, sector 1953951908 Buffer I/O on device sdc, logical block 244189951
I think maybe TestDisk is trying to format/fix it all over again every time.. and that's what destroy it.. is it possible?
I'll glad for some help!, thanks!
I'm using ubuntu 13.04 x64 over laptop dell inspiron n4050 8gb ddr3