Trouble starting testdisk-6.14

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
bcpa1445

Trouble starting testdisk-6.14

#1 Post by bcpa1445 »

I have not been able to successfully start testdisk on my older PowerBook G4. I am able to run the program with my Intel Mac however, the length of time required to do a "deeper search" is not something I can commit my main laptop to at this time.

When I attempt to open the program I get the following in Terminal:

Bill-Computer:~ BILL$ /users/BILL/testdisk-6.14/testdisk
dyld: /users/BILL/testdisk-6.14/testdisk Undefined symbols:
/users/BILL/testdisk-6.14/testdisk undefined reference to _uuid_generate expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
Trace/BPT trap
Bill-Computer:~ BILL$

I have tried moving the folder around to different locations including the main computers drive with the same results. I have right clicked on the Unix Executable File and tried to open in Terminal with the same response from Terminal.

It was very easy to run the Intel version on my Intel mac. What am I missing/doing wrong here?
Laptop I am trying to use is a PowerBook G4 running Mac OS X version 10.3.9 (only other computer I have at my disposal at this time) and I did download the PowerPC version of the software. Is it not compatible with 10.3.9?