HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! Revert changes from Testdisk

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Messyhardrive

HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! Revert changes from Testdisk

#1 Post by Messyhardrive » 21 Apr 2014, 21:29

I am not sure what I was doing... I have a hard drive that has Linux system. I am not a computer geek. I will try to explain the best I can. I have a hard drive that was used on a dns server but suddenly the router failed and caused the dns to loose the connection. To be honest I had no clue what I was doing. The dns was working with new router but was not able to read the hard drive. It just failed. I called the manufacturer of the router. They told me that it was a bad hard drive. Later, I connected this hard drive directly to my computer with usb connection that i found online.Then I searched online and I found this program. I decided to give it a try. I wrote a new the partition table. Again, not sure what i was doing. I messed the drive even more. I deleted the logs. How can i recover this now? Is there any way to revert the tables.

Help will be greatly appreciated!!

Sponsored links

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! Revert changes from Testdisk

#2 Post by cgrenier » 23 Apr 2014, 07:48

To revert the change, there are several ways:
- use the backup of the list of the partitions (TestDisk, Analyse, Backup to create the backup; TestDisk, Analyse, Quick Search, Load to load the information), it's not an option for you, it's too late
- use the testdisk.log file and manually add each partition: TestDisk, Analyse, Quick Search, 'a' to add each partition.
- run TestDisk, Analyse, Quick Search, if some partitions are not listed, Deeper Search, switch between P(rimary), L(ogical) and D(eleted), write the new partition table.
In your case, it may be a good idea to ask the manufacturer or another user of the same router model the correct partition table.

Messyhardrive

Re: HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! Revert changes from Testdisk

#3 Post by Messyhardrive » 23 Apr 2014, 20:52

Great thank you I will try that and let you know