Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 12 Mar 2012, 17:38
I am running Testdisk in Terminal under OSX. Just a couple of simple questions:
- When I path down to the desired folder I am trying to recover files from, Subfolder are generally listed alphabetical - but I have many folders that show up randomly, out of alphabetical order. Because this folder is massive, with many sub folders, it makes it hard to locate the folders I need to. Is there a way to re-order correctly? - I suspect Testdisk is showing me the content block by block as it's ordered on the disk, so maybe that's just the way it is.
- How to I page down? I thought I came across the command in the step by step once, but I can't seem to locate it again - when I use the Page Down command from the OSX Terminal top menu drop down, it does not work.
These two issues are making finding the folders I need to time consuming. Now, being able to recover my files is a blessing in itself, so don't think I'm complaining - just wondering if I'm missing something that might help speed the process up.
Thanks so much.
- Posts: 457
- Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 10:21
- Location: Strasbourg, France.
I don't know how testdisk works under osX, so I'll refer your questions to Christophe. I hope he will have some time to answer you as soon as possible.
J'ai pour habitude d'aller au bout de l'aide que j'apporte. Si vous pensez que je vous ai abandonné, et que je ne l'ai pas fait explicitement, c'est que votre message est enfoui avec d'autres. Relancez-moi (modérément) par mail.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 3330
- Joined: 18 Feb 2012, 15:08
- Location: Le Perreux Sur Marne, France
Are you listing files using TestDisk
* Advanced, List,
* Advanced, Undelete or
* Analyse, Quick/Deeper Search, 'p' ?
What is the filesystem type ? FAT, NTFS or another ?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest