Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 12 Mar 2012, 17:38
I am running Testdisk in Terminal under OSX. Just a couple of simple questions:
- When I path down to the desired folder I am trying to recover files from, Subfolder are generally listed alphabetical - but I have many folders that show up randomly, out of alphabetical order. Because this folder is massive, with many sub folders, it makes it hard to locate the folders I need to. Is there a way to re-order correctly? - I suspect Testdisk is showing me the content block by block as it's ordered on the disk, so maybe that's just the way it is.
- How to I page down? I thought I came across the command in the step by step once, but I can't seem to locate it again - when I use the Page Down command from the OSX Terminal top menu drop down, it does not work.
These two issues are making finding the folders I need to time consuming. Now, being able to recover my files is a blessing in itself, so don't think I'm complaining - just wondering if I'm missing something that might help speed the process up.
Thanks so much.
- Posts: 457
- Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 10:21
- Location: Strasbourg, France.
I don't know how testdisk works under osX, so I'll refer your questions to Christophe. I hope he will have some time to answer you as soon as possible.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 4687
- Joined: 18 Feb 2012, 15:08
- Location: Le Perreux Sur Marne, France
Are you listing files using TestDisk
* Advanced, List,
* Advanced, Undelete or
* Analyse, Quick/Deeper Search, 'p' ?
What is the filesystem type ? FAT, NTFS or another ?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests