Marvell RAID0 disappears and TestDisk not see the RAID

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
fernandofg

Marvell RAID0 disappears and TestDisk not see the RAID

#1 Post by fernandofg » 24 Oct 2014, 19:12

Hi, hope some one can help me.

I have this mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD5H (rev. 1.x) BIOS F10
This mobo have 4 ports marvel RAID, I have 4 disks RAID0 working perfect til yesterday
I play a video using VLC player on that RAID and VLC get frozen so I decide go to task manager and terminate the task, VLC get closed and at the same time my RAID0 disappears from my windows browser, I reboot my computer in order to get again my RAID but I get the unit like unformated disk and after 5 seconds dissapears again from my windows browser and also is not listed in ctrl+delete disk devices
So I reboot again and hit ctrl+M to enter to marvell configuration and my RAID0 appears functional, the RAID is OK.
I have try many reboots and the same problem, the disk unit appears some seconds and then dissapears again

My problem is that TestDisk does not see the RAID, so I am unable to get my partition back again

I have done not create a new partition, I have not reformated the RAID, I have not disconnected the disks so the disks are in the same order as always, because otherwise I know I will not be able to get my partition back again. The RAID is untouched and according marvell configuration is FUNCTIONAL

Please help me, what can I do to make TestDisk recognize or see the RAID or unit so I can recover my partition

Thanks in advance

Sponsored links

fernandofg

Re: Marvell RAID0 disappears and TestDisk not see the RAID

#2 Post by fernandofg » 26 Oct 2014, 18:08

UPDATE: the problem was fixed, I don't know exactly how, but I went to BIOS and remove from BIOS the marvell boot device and then the RAID appears in my win explorer and working again, thanks