I have a 4 GB memory card which all photos have been deleted. Using PhotoRec I recovered 470 full photos. However there are numerous photos that only have the thumbnail.
Using bruteforce I was successful in restoring some more. However it stopped at about 40% and if I want to start again it starts from the beginning which means working 36 hours before restoring more photos.
1. can I choose where bruteforce restarts?
2. can I choose specific photos bruteforce should find since some photos I have saved previously.
Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
1 post • Page 1 of 1