How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 09 Aug 2015, 23:42
In trying to fixing a different issue, I made things much worse - now I'm looking for help.
I have a dual boot hackintosh that has a Windows partition and a Mac partition. In experimenting with TestDisk, I accidentally created an extra Mac partition (perhaps a recovery drive?) that split my Windows partition. Windows won't boot anymore but I can still see the files when I run TestDisk.
Any thoughts on how I can get Windows to reboot?
Here's the Analyze report:
Code: Select all
>P EFI System 40 409639 409600 [EFI]
D Mac HFS 409640 233836767 233427128
D MS Data 1351681 235106304 233754624
D Mac HFS 233836768 235106303 1269536
D MS Data 235106304 468860927 233754624
Thanks in advance for any help!