I have a 3TB HDD that I'm running photorec on, seems to running smoothly, files are being identified and movie files have their icons. But the HDD I am copying it to is only 2TB. I dont think it will get full, but in any case can I delete these movie files it has recovered? also lastly is it possible to open these files, to see if they have been recovered correctly? Thanks.
Edit: It seems that you can delete, access just fine. After a search on forum found solution. Sorry for double post!
Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
1 post • Page 1 of 1