Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
I think my download for MAC is incomplete - there are no .exe files at all so I cannot open PhotoRec. I just want to recover photos I accidentally deleted on my phone's SD card and I'm pretty sure I used this program successfully in the past (but it doesn't seem to be on my computer anymore).
Thank you for the answers to my questions. When I click on PhotoRec it opens Terminal on my MacBook and for whatever reason, it is not accepting anything I type. Moot point I guess, because I had (fortunately) backed up that Folder of Pics I was trying to recover through Dropbox so I do have them after all.