This scan has been a weird one. The drive was dropped on the floor when it was off, but only mounts as a nondescript D: drive and on my mac, I can only initialize or reformat.
I initialized the drive to mount it and then proceeded to the analyse on deep search which so far looks like this:
The confusing part is it has been running for over two days and the sector count has a ratio greater than one. Is this worth continuing or is there something wrong with this and I should cancel the scan? Any help would be appreciated in determining how damaged this drive (and the files I can't access) is.
How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
1 post • Page 1 of 1