How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
1 post • Page 1 of 1
I'm working with test disk (very new test disk user) and I'm not sure how to copy files correctly. I was able to list files but I don't know how to get to the correct file. I don't know Linux or test disk very well. Clicking right at the end of the list does nothing although the word next appears at the bottom of the list. There are two "directories" at the top of the list but I don't know how to go deeper and look for the specific file I need. Copying the entire drive will take hours ( 1T drive). How do I navigate the files? I am able to copy a file from the "root" successfully but I want a file that's somewhere else on the drive. Sorry for the incorrect terms but I don't know Linux at all.