Hi, Windows 2012 R2. An NTFS hard drive (GPT) was dynamic and had a lot of partitions ("simple volumes" as Windows calls them) on it - maybe 15. The drive was mistakenly converted to Basic and it now shows with 0 partitions!
I have started to run testdisk and it is finding data (still only at 54% after 8 hours, so still running). Anyway. would I be best off just leaving it to run with the disk still basic, or would I be better to stop testdisk, convert it back to dynamic and then re-running testdisk? Or won't it make any difference?
Many thanks for your help
How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
1 post • Page 1 of 1